Sunday, December 11, 2011

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

Snack time! When I'm eating healthy I find I need to eat OFTEN. I try to eat smaller meals. And my snacks seem to be tiny meals a lot of the time, too. I'm not a big fan of carrot and celery sticks for snacks every day. I want something yummy. And warm in the winter time. So for one my snacks today I'm having Baked Parmesan Tomatoes over toast. Yum!!!

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

Original recipe found HERE.

Ingredients:

4 medium tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
black pepper, to taste
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutritional Facts per Tomato:
85 calories, 6g fat, 228mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1.6g fiber, 3g protein

Even with the toast, this snack came it under 200 calories. Perfect! Very Italian. Delicious and light, but filling. And easy to make for one or many!

No comments:

Post a Comment