Monday, December 19, 2011

Checking In - Week 3

The holidays are proving to be a little challenging, but I'm managing to find a balance between enjoying the goodies and parties and shopping and watching myself carefully. Shopping seems to be harder than the parties for me, actually. At the parties I PLAN. I know what I'm going to let myself do going in. But when I'm out shopping I tend to end up being out longer than I expect and not packing snacks or having to eat out and making worse choices. It's tough! But I'm trying to make up for it on the days I'm home and know I can make the best choices.

Anyway, here are the week's results! On Monday, December 12th I was 194 pounds. As of this morning I was 191.4 pounds! Another 2.6 pounds down! Overall I have lost 28.2 pounds and brought my BMI down FIVE points from my highest weight!

I'm trying to focus on those numbers. The "how far I've come" numbers, rather than the "how far I've got to go" set. Because those are pretty overwhelming. I've set some lofty goals for myself in the coming months and I know there will be some disappointments alongside the triumphs. I just need to focus on how well I'm doing and keep the discouragement at bay.

Because I've lost almost 30 pounds!! Over 50 if you look at my highest weight in July. I'm working hard! And I've kept it up for a few months. Which means it's becoming a HABIT to eat this way. And that's more important than how far I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!! This will be fun for me to try and catch up with you. You are 10 lbs. more ahead of the game than I am. I feel your pain in regards to sleep. Little one are so worth it, but they can put a hamper on ones schedule (and sanity). Good luck to you in the exercise department.

    ReplyDelete