Monday, December 12, 2011

Checking In - Week 2

Oh dear. I don't know why I let Tiffany have so much control over me. But per her suggestion I am now taking - and sharing - progress pictures.

I'm calling this my before picture. It's the best I've got while not pregnant, before losing any weight on purpose.

No, I don't know why my husband thought it was "funny" to throw his leg over me like that. But I'm sort of grateful that he's hiding some of the flab.

Keep in mind that aside from being VERY overweight still (technically obese, although I just can't bring myself to think about it too long) these next pictures were taken just after I got out of bed and threw my workout clothes on. No hair, no make up, no pretty. Just me. In sweats and a t-shirt. Please be kind.

Also, these pictures were taken by my 6 year old. And they're probably better than the photos I usually take. Sad.

Here I am, in all my glory. Hey, at least my nails look nice, right? Oh, you can't see them? Crap.

As you can see I have curves. Hips and thighs have always been my least favorite feature. They were wide enough before having children. Three kids have NOT helped one bit. Although neither has cheesecake.

Side view. Wow. I'm a bit of a hunchback. Gotta start working on that posture!

And to be fair, I was totally sucking in for that one. This is reality. Apparently I still look very pregnant. No fun.

But now that we have those scary (and depressing) "during" pictures out of the way, I can share the good news!!

Tiffany also encouraged me to start taking measurements every two weeks. I took my first measurements on November 30th, so it hasn't quite been 2 weeks yet, but Monday's are just easier to check in, you know?

So here's the GOOD news!

WEIGHT:

194 lbs.

Yay! Down another 2.8 pounds!! Down anything is good, but almost three pounds feels great!!

MEASUREMENTS:

Bicep 13.5 in
Chest 42 in
Waist 38 in
Hips 47 in
Thighs 28.75 in

That's a total of 6.25 inches lost!! Yay!! That means that even though I don't feel like I can see much of a difference, something is happening!!

I may not love posting these pictures of myself right now. But the idea of looking back at these photos a month or two from now makes me excited. I can't wait to have something to reference so that I really can see how far I've come. Already, even though some days it doesn't feel like much, I know I've come a long way. Down more than 50 pounds from my highest weight, and down more than 25 pounds in just 2 1/2 months. That's definitely something to be proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment