Friday, December 9, 2011

Support and Accountability

So far I've mentioned a few things I'm doing to shed the pounds. Eating healthy, being a vegetarian, exercise, setting goals and having rewards, counting calories (the easy way!). But my secret weapon is Tiffany.


Tiffany and I go back a ways. We met the Spring/Summer of 2004. We were newlyweds living in the same apartment complex in Rexburg, Idaho. We were both pregnant and met at church one Sunday. Tiffany and I would walk together on the treadmills at our apartment clubhouse and share pregnancy details. I adore her.

Jason and I moved after about 5 months and Tiffany and I lost touch. Tiff kept a blog and one day I contacted her because I wanted to start one. (See what you started, Tiffany?? This is my FIFTH blog!!) We kept in touch through blogging and emails here and there. And then Tiffany lost a lot of weight and I started to pick her brain.

As you know, I eventually stopped focusing on weight loss and we lost touch a little again. When I moved back to Utah, we reconnected.

Tiffany decided to start doing some personal wellness coaching and I wanted in! She has a Bachelor's degree in Health Science and is currently studying to become a personal trainer. She's also a Beach Body coach and has started doing Workout Challenge Groups with P90X. I had started losing the weight again on my own. I had been looking into hiring a personal trainer, but there were none in my area. And even if there had been, those guys are PRICEY!!

So I called Tiff. We talked for a while and I decided I needed her! Since then Tiffany has been in daily contact with me and has really helped me to succeed.

When I was feeling a total lack of motivation to workout one day, she told me to simply commit to the warm up. Five minutes. I could do that! She knew that if I committed to the warm up, by the time I was 5 minutes in I would most likely keep going and get my workout in for the day. She was right.

One night I knew I had a dinner to go to. I knew there would not be a healthy dinner option and there would definitely be a dessert table. She helped me get through the dinner without blowing the night and she helped me enjoy the dessert table without eating EVERYTHING. :) Knowing I had Tiffany to report to in the morning I enjoyed two bite sized treats and left the rest of the desserts alone. And I was rewarded on the scale the next morning. Awesome!

When I'm having a bad week, Tiffany helps me refocus. She lets me live a normal life and have bad days, but she doesn't let them last. She gets me right back on track. She understand that you don't have to cut treats out entirely, but helps me decide when it's really worth it.

She has literally been my BEST tool! She's a busy mom of FOUR who has done the work it takes to lose weight. She really gets it. She knows exactly how hard it is to eat right and fit workouts in while juggling kids and husbands and life.

Tiff's Before and After. Seriously! Check out those ABS!!!


Finding someone who gives you the support and encouragement you need is invaluable! I was losing weight on my own. I lost almost 13 pounds by myself in about 2 months. The first TWO WEEKS with Tiffany I lost about 7 pounds!! SEVEN! It's amazing what the right support and advice can do.

Tiffany and her sister, Heather, have a wellness blog where they share recipes and workouts and all kinds of great stuff!! Check them out here!

1 comment:

  1. I've found you! And I'm following you! And you've inspired me. Getting LoseIt right now!

    ReplyDelete